Wednesday, April 13, 2005

"Day of Silence": A Grandfather's Concerns

Reminder: Today, April 13, is the DAY OF HOMOSEXUAL PROPAGANDA in many of our local high schools and junior high schools. We hope our readers have prepared their children, or are keeping them home. If your children attend school today, be sure to debrief them. The Parents' Rights Coalition would love to hear your stories. You can email them through their website, www.parentsrightscoalition.org.

We received this letter from a concerned grandfather to the principal of his local public school:

To the school Principal,

I am a grandfather who has several children in the school system. I am also a retired teacher.

I am writing this letter because I watch in disbelief as I see the safe educational environment of school being opened up to the political whims of a few.

The “Day of Silence” to be held on Wednesday, April 13, 2005 is not as some would suppose a student initiated day, but an effort by a large political group, the GLSEN (Gay, Lesbian and Straight Education Network) to infiltrate and indoctrinate children in school. See the internet sites:
www.dayofsilence.org where students are encouraged to sign up and receive materials to give to their school principals. See www.glsen.org the parent organization heralding their plans for the event. This is a national, and well funded effort.

This “Day of Silence” has no place in schools. It marks the end of a safe educational environment for our children. It promotes the support of the homosexual lifestyle and calls on children to “come out” and explore their sexuality. The truth is that it is neither a healthy or good lifestyle. Why not ask the thousands of young people in high schools and colleges across this nation who have believed this lie and then tested positive for HIV. Their lives have been changed forever. See
www.exodus.org

Do you promote bullying in your school? By allowing this, you are promoting the bullying, coercing and intimidation of all school children who are not participating in this day, for those not participating will be looked down upon and pestered and made fun of and called names on the days following this event. Do you allow the word “homophobe” in your school? That is what students who do not support this day are called.

I am calling on all parents to become involved in protecting the environment of our school. I am asking for this political day to be stopped. I am asking for the safety and sanctity of the educational system to be protected.

I am also joining with those who proclaim the truth:

I am speaking the Truth to break the silence. I believe in equal treatment for all, and not special rights for a few. I believe in loving my neighbor, but part of that love means not condoning detrimental personal and social behavior. I believe that by boldly proclaiming the Truth, hurts will be halted, hearts will be healed, and lives will be saved.

Sincerely,

A parent and grandparent, who chooses to fight this anonymously, without the repercussions of being bullied, and intimidated by those who would call my phone number with insults, parade in front of my house with signs, and otherwise intimidate my many grandchildren who have the right to attend school in peace and safety.