Friday, June 17, 2005

First Person Account: Homosexual Parenting Harms Children

A brave voice from Canada warns us that homosexual parenting is profoundly harmful to children. This is part of the dark truth that our politicians, media, and "progressive" citizenry don't want to hear. The author of the article below, Dawn Stefanowicz, lived the lifestyle with her father. She travelled the world, saw and experienced -- and was deeply wounded -- by it all. You can hear the travail in her voice when you speak with her.

We've communicated with her often, and she is most distressed to see what is happening in Massachusetts. She wants to be sure we're aware of the very serious threats to free speech already shutting down any dissent in Canada on homosexual issues. And she is warning us about the dangers to the children in many homosexual households. Read her first-person account [excerpts]:

"My name is Dawn Stefanowicz, I grew up in a homosexual household during the 60s and 70s in Toronto, exposed to many different people, the GLBT subcultures, and explicit sexual practices. I am currently writing a book, soon to be published, on this experience. As well, I was a witness at the Standing Senate Committee on Legal and Constitutional Affairs on Bill C-250 (hate crimes), and I have presented at the local school board.

"My biggest concern is that children are not being discussed in this same-sex marriage debate. Yet, won't the next step for some gay activists be to ask for legal adoption of children if same-sex marriage is legalized? I have considered some of the potential physical and psychological health risks for children raised in this situation. I was at high risk of exposure to contagious STDs due to sexual molestation, my father's high-risk sexual behaviors, and multiple partners. Even when my father was in what looked like monogamous relationships, he continued cruising for anonymous sex.

"I came to deeply care for, love and compassionately understand my dad. He shared his life regrets with me. Unfortunately, my father, as a child, was sexually and physically abused by older males. Due to this, he lived with depression, control issues, anger outbursts, suicidal tendencies, and sexual compulsions. He tried to fulfill his legitimate needs for his father's affirmation, affection and attention with transient and promiscuous relationships. He and his partners were exposed to various contagious STD's as they traveled across North America. My father's (ex)partners, whom I had deep caring feelings for and associated with, had drastically shortened lives due to suicide, contracting HIV or Aids. Sadly, my father died of AIDS in 1991.


"Are my childhood experiences unique? According to a growing number of personal testimonies, experts, and organizations, there is mounting evidence of strong commonalities to my personal experiences."

Click here to READ MORE...