Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Hate Mail Reveals Depth of Indoctrination in Massachusetts High School

After our report on the latest GLBT&P (for polyamory) indoctrination ploy at Concord-Carlisle High School (the student production of "Falsettos"), we received some hate mail. It clearly reveals the effectiveness of years of propaganda in this liberal community. How sad that the birthplaces of the American Revolution have been taken over by destructive radical ideas. Here are some unedited examples:

From: Anonymous
Sent: Tuesday, December 01, 2009
I would like to point out that your close minded, idiotic antics to keep people from truly expressing themselves and being able to be accepting is depraved and disturbing. JESUS WAS GAY, BITCHES!!!!!!!!! My point is that you need to relax and allow everyone to express themselves. I am a student at Concord-Carlisle, where we have NEVER had homosexual messages forced upon us, but we have been given the option to understand who other people are. We relish the opportunity to learn about differences in others- if we want to. Don't force your horrifically single-minded views on people who want to make a difference and will not be suffocated under such unaccepting bullshit.
PS Peter Atlas is the most amusing, amazing, OUTSTANDING teacher in the entire school. He's not aftaid to express himself but it only expands the acceptance that we are lucky enough to have at our school. Without such acceptance, we would be... well, just like you. Laughed at by the country for being so idiotic.

++++++

From: A.H.
Sent: Monday, November 30, 2009
This message is in response to your article about the musical Concord-Carlisle High School will be doing soon this season, Falsettos.
The person who wrote this article obviously has a very shallow understanding of this musical. True on the surface the play is everything that this writer has stated but, if we only based our opinions on what we see on the surface; Then this writer should have no problem with me calling him a homophobic, chauvinistic, close minded bigot. The problem lies in that I have no personal interaction with this writer therefore, it would not be acceptable for me to make these assumptions.
This musical focuses on family, love, sacrifice, and loss; all of which I'm sure this writer can't relate to in his personal life. I invite this writer to take an honest second look to discover that no matter what sexual orientation, family situation, or religious belief; there are simple truths, which this musical explores, that we all encounter in our lives that connect us at a very basic level.

++++++

From: Z
Sent: Monday, November 30, 2009
The article about Falsettos at Concord-Carlisle High School is wildly inappropriate. The show demonstrates that love is love no matter who is doing and receiving the loving. It is a realistic show about families that break up and change because of a difficult time one is going through. I have many close friends in the show and an outraged and offended that someone would print an article like this. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

++++++

From: Anonymous
Sent: Monday, November 30, 2009
You need to stop this intolerance and hate directed towards the students and adminstration of Concord Carlisle High School. Stop now, you are making me sick to my stomach reading some of your bigoted and prejudiced remarks. Do you realize students are receiving hate mail? This is probably in large part to your ignorant hate spreading articles. Please stop this insanity and welcome yourself to the 21st century where people are tolerant of other lifestyles.

++++++

From: Concerned
Sent: Monday, November 30, 2009
As a member of a neighboring community, I am shocked and appalled at your gross accusations and lies against this show, CCHS, and Mr. Peter Atlas. First off, I know this school well and people who go and work there week in and week out, and your scathing and completely inappropriate article is one of the most outrageous things I have ever had the misfortune to read. I am genuinely afraid that there are people like you out there who seek to promote such misguided ideals. That being said, Mr. Atlas is a wonderful whom I have had the pleasure of meeting and from whom I have learned about the show. I have listened to the professional recording of the show, and the lyrics you posted, as well as many others in the show, are meant in jest and in good humor, and are not meant to be misappropriated and taken out-of-context as you so skillfully have done. To utterly bash the weeks and months of hard work these students and adults into this show is wrong and undermines everything ! they have worked to accomplish. I can only hope that radicals like this group will die out soon and realize the error of their ways. I know I'll be next weekend, as will any person who appreciates good theater and doesn't hate normal people and characters. Yes, normal.

++++++

From: M.T.F.
Sent: Tuesday, December 01, 2009
City, State, Zip: Concord, MA 01742
I just sent this letter to the principal at CCHS:
Dear Mr. Badalament,
In response to the article about Falsettos in the MassResistance blog, I just wanted to write and express my unequivocal support for the presentation of this musical at CCHS, my support for the teacher who is directing it, and my support for the tolerant atmosphere promoted at CCHS towards differences, including sexual orientation. I think it is very important for young people to see a variety of different families, and to feel that they are loved and supported regardless of their sexual orientation or other differences.
I am very glad that my son is a student at CCHS where this open and tolerant attitude is the norm. You can feel free to quote from this letter and to use my name if that would be useful in any way.
Best regards,
M.T.F.
NOTE TO MASSRESISTANCE: DO NOT CONTACT ME, SEND ME UPDATES, OR ANYTHING ELSE.