Thursday, August 23, 2007

Farah of WorldNetDaily: Romney Is a Phony

Correction 8-31-07: This column was actually written by Joseph Farah, editor of WorldNetDaily, not by a Massachusetts Republican activist, as stated by the site where we first saw it. See Farah's article. But a major Mass. Republican is quoted at the end.

How can Romney dupe Republican voters so easily? Excerpts:

The Many Faces of Mitt Romney
By Joseph Farah

I'm astounded.
I don't know how else to say it.
I just continue to be amazed at the number of Republicans who are so easily conned, duped and hoodwinked by Willard Mitt Romney.
I'm not sure there are any facts I could offer that would dissuade his minions from supporting their messiah. It's an emotional thing. They have found their political savior, and nothing he has ever said or done previously or in the future is likely to convince them they saddled the wrong pony.
Here's the latest bulletin that will fall on deaf ears: The born-again pro-lifer, who swears he had a Damascus Road experience on the issue of abortion, currently owns stock in two companies involved in embryonic stem cell research....

This list of flip-flops by Mitt Romney is legendary – enough to get him a regular role in Doonesbury. But let's review a few of the classics:
Immigration ...
Gun control ... Minimum wage ... Same-sex marriage ... Homosexuals in the military ... Tax cutting ...
I could go on. This list is virtually never-ending with this charlatan. But it won't matter to the Romney faithful, who now accuse me of religious bigotry for pointing out the obvious flaws in this man's worldview, his character and his political record. They say I am only doing this because I hate Mormons.
Amazing.
But I'll keep sounding the alarm, just like
John MacMillan, Republican town committee chairman in Billerica, Mass., who supported Romney when he first ran for office as the state's governor in 2003.
"He's as phony as a three-dollar bill," said MacMillan. "When I started to look at his positions – gun control, pro-gay – I found out that he's just as bad as (Teddy) Kennedy. I've been a Republican all my life, and leopards don't change their spots. He'll change his position, say anything, to get votes."